Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 11

Assignment 3 Narritive.

After feeling a bit disheatened towards my final result i went out and did a bit more shooting.
I went to victor harbour recently and a shot I took of the trees bluring past the car i loved.
I revisited it a few weeks later and found that although there was no way of putting the wolfman in the image- i didnt think i needed it. It has that narritive too it that i was searching for aswell. Its as if the wolfman is running though the trees on the full moon and this is his view. Although the perspective of the shot is diferent from the others where you can see the character i think it fits well together as a series. It makes you ask where hes running.

Image 4: Assignment 3

I also revisited my spider image and touched up the final image. Im happy with it although the final was different to what i had imagined it as. i tried my best to get the shadows 100% but i know it could be better.




I changed my final image for this assignment as well. I wanted to go with the predator in the background of a family portrait but i felt like all my images were too dark and i wanted to work with something fun. Still keeping with the figurines i found a Mario figurine and an image of the water I down by the lake i had shot that week. I though about how i could use them together and came up with the idea of  Mario being in the real world. I  aranged the image so marios feet are on the moss and leaves while his face is reflected in the water. I thought it would be a good shot because in movies characters always do that when they are qustioning themsleves or going through a tough time. However mario's a character thats always portayed as happy and excited, which gave the image a narritive . Why was mario looking at his reflection, why is he questioning himself, why his he showing these emotions when he is normaly so happy. The only awnser i though of myself was because his stuck in this real world and hes curious about the way he looks and why he doesnt quite fit here. Its a great idea i think that could be followed by and entire series. Mario on the sydney harbour bridge, mario in the city, mario catching a bus - everyday things that we do with mario stuck in the middle of them.



Assignment 2: Image 2





Original Image shot - had to crop bottom and clone water to fit marios face in.

No comments:

Post a Comment